Monday, August 30, 2010

Traveling Jacket also known as Jacket number 3

Blue Green Lady Bug

I went to visit my little sister and celebrate her birthday. I took along one of my new jackets to finish. I felted and designed and decorated and felted. I reached my rolling machine stage and I rolled by hand and then I thru it in the machine! A big mistake, different kind of machine and wow! So I packed my wet loose jacket into a margarita bucket and brought it home. A fresh bar of soap, (I was almost out!) and a few hours and I believe I have it back on track! I hope... so it is out of my hands for the next 28 minutes..

Lesson.. expensive lesson
Top Loader does not work like a front loader! Action of the front loader drops the felt, makes it harder. Front loader floats and swishes making it loose so very loose!
Darn!

It didn't shrink like it should have and the felt is fuzzy and soft. I have worked for a whole day trying to harden the felt. I don't think it's possible so it's like a cozy bathrobe! ahhhh

No comments: