Monday, August 2, 2010

Felt United


Inspiration
I layed out the piece on my drafting table, so that has determined the size of the project. 

Yellow to Blue on the color wheel.


It has been wetted out and rolled  and I just flipped it to reveal the design


After Felting
a very successful project!
The shrinkage, the original layout covered the drafting table. I kept the color wheel close by to prevent me from adding colors outside the blue-yellow. Although if you look closely at the sky there is just a hint of pink, which was in a blended bat that I had made with "The Ladies who run with Wool" in missouri. I look at this and I see my fiber friends, Susan's romney wool, and my shetland wool, dyed with friends. I think the sky blend even has some of Dee's karakal. I should have figured out how to work some of that into those cactus!

I took the piece with me to visit some friends, they have 3 dogs who loved to roll on it! I will have to make them a rug.

No comments: