Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fleeced

Last week a fleece arrived from Susan's Fiber shop.
It does not look so dirty in these pictures but it is dirty, very dirty! Very little Veg! :-)

Here it is on the table I am going to start washing it today. It's a nice sunny day. I have made a small test piece from another Teeswater Fleece. I put this in some mesh bags and soaked it in hot soapy water. I changed the water several times. Now the washed wool is on the patio drying in the sun. The tips hold so much more moisture. I don't think I have the tips clean yet. I will check it in the morning and decide if I need to wash it again. Am I going to dye this wool or keep it white??

Very curly with nice lock formations and although it is not extremely fine, it is very soft!

I love the way the washed wool feels. I think I will make a white panel to hang in the dining room window.


No comments: