Friday, January 14, 2011

Felt Carpet Bag

Finally finished a project I have been working on for awhile! Trying to figure out the parts of the bag that are not felt! I finally finished it!
The bag is made with Finn wool with a tree and some flowers wet felted. The inside also has a design as I was toying with a reversible bag.  It has a purse frame closure.

I used my lucet to make the leather braided handles, which are doubled for the pictures. The clip on each end of the handles allow for multiple configurations.
                            Standing open and a little peak inside





The bottom of the bag has purse feet. The inside bottom is leather so you can wipe up any spills.
I have also been working on a blue jean bag, it's cute lots of pockets but has become very heavy! LOL I will have it finished soon. 3 more to go, as I committed myself to 5 bags.